The headline on the July 14th press release read ‘Palm Beach County’s new foreclosures up 7 percent from previous month’
Here’s the stats straight from the Clerk and Comptrollers Office, Just released!
July Foreclosures in Palm Beach County
- New Foreclosures up 38% from the same time last year
- 533 new cases in July compared to 387 the previous year
- 7.2% increase from Junes 497 cases
Foreclosure Sales Results
- 795 properties sold at foreclosure auction in July according to (statistics from Grant Street Group, the facilitator of ClerkAuction®.
- Of the 795 , 620 were sold back to the plaintiff
- typically a bank or mortgage company – in the foreclosure proceeding, and 175 were sold to a third party.
- 410 foreclosure sales canceled in July, out of 1,205 scheduled for sale.
- The cancellation rate was 34 percent, compared with 34.6 percent in June.
In June of 2013 House Bill 87 changed Florida Foreclosures. House Bill 87, often called the Florida Fair Foreclosure Act made a big impact on foreclosures, some immediately and others as of July 1, 2013. The Bill was passed as a response to the overloaded court filings. The Bill was opposed by many who believed that for banks, the Florida Statute 702.10 was already in place to expedite the process. The main debate is whether the banks needed a faster avenue when they already had the right to one.
When we look at the law after a year has passed, with new foreclosures on the rise, it’s uncertain of its benefits. However what is certain that with new filings, new laws, and no help – it’s going to be a tough end of the year for many home owners. The solution is knowledge with a Foreclosure Attorney in Palm Beach who can help you navigate the process and possibly save your home.
A Foreclosure Attorney in West Palm Beach will work with your lender t workout a foreclosure alternative and if needed, defend you in a foreclosure proceeding. What you can expect for your Foreclosure Attorney o do for you:
- Thoroughly exam the terms and conditions of your purchase agreement, mortgage and other relevant documents
- Objectively listen to you and care about your situation and offer counsel as to how to best move forward
- Determine special circumstances or mitigating circumstances that may have caused or explain your default
- Analyze your defense to a foreclosure & analyze any possible counter claims
- Assess your best and most viable options
- Negotiate with your lender for an alternative to foreclosure
- Zealously defend your best interest in all court proceedings & filings.
It’s very important that you seek help as quickly as possible in the foreclosure process . The longer . The longer you wait, the fewer opportunities your attorney will has to help you.